1. Scope and Acceptance
(a) The website (www.codapayments.com), along with access to it and all its links and functions;
(b) The Codashop mobile application, the Codashop website (www.codashop.com), and all other platforms through which Codashop is accessible (“Codashop”);
(c) User accounts registered through Codashop (a “Coda Account”);
(d) Payment facilitation and/or reselling services via Codapay or Codashop, wherein you may make purchases from Coda, its third-party merchants (the “Publishers”), and/or payment channel partners (the “Payment Channels”), and make payments through payment methods made available by Coda on the abovementioned platforms;
(e) The community forum (https://community.codashop.com) where users have the ability to post comments (“Codaclub”);
(f) Codacash and all of its related services (“Codacash”); and/or
(g) Other Coda applications, websites and/or services that link to these Terms.
1.1.3. Unless specified otherwise in these Terms, the Terms are hereby entered into and agreed upon between you and Coda Singapore.
1.2. Acceptance. By using any of the Services, you consent to and accept these Terms and agree to be bound by them. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT OR AGREE TO THE TERMS, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY STOP USING AND/OR ACCESSING THE SERVICES.
1.3. Amendments. Coda reserves the right to make changes at any time to these Terms or any of the policies or notices relating to its platforms, sites or applications. Such changes will be effective immediately upon publication on www.codapayments.com, www.codashop.com, community.codashop.com (the “Coda Sites”), or other Coda applications, websites, and/or platforms. Coda will also post a notice on these platforms to inform users of the new Terms, and the date of the last revision is set out at the top of the Terms. It is your responsibility to regularly check the abovementioned sites for the latest version of the Terms. Your continued use of the Services or any of the foregoing platforms following any changes to the Terms shall be deemed as continued acceptance of the revised Terms.
1.4. Updates. Coda may provide new features, upgrades, updates, patches, and other modifications to the Services (collectively, the “variations”). We may update, patch, or modify the Coda Sites, the mobile application, or any of our platforms remotely. You hereby grant to Coda the right to deploy and apply such variations. All provisions of these Terms of Service shall also apply to all such variations.
2. Use of the Services
2.1. Application of Terms through use. These Terms shall apply regardless of how you access or use any of the Services, including but not limited to mobile devices, desktop devices, mobile applications, internet browsers, or any other device, application, or software.
2.2. License for use
2.2.1. Coda grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right and license to access and use the Coda Sites and/or the Services for your personal and non-commercial use, subject to these Terms.
2.2.2. Coda reserves the right to terminate such license without prior notice to you, if it is found that your use of the Services violates these Terms.
2.3. Access and use of Services and Coda Sites
2.3.1. The Services allow you to purchase certain digital content, such as gift codes, app/game credits, and vouchers from Coda or its Publishers via the Coda Sites or through the Publishers’ sites or platforms, and make payment for such purchases through the Payment Channels by:
(i) Redeeming or consuming prepaid mobile credits issued by your mobile network operator;
(ii) Having the value of such purchase added to your postpaid mobile bill issued by your mobile network operator; or
(iii) Using one of the other payment options offered by Coda’s payment channel partners, such as e-wallets, voucher redemptions, over-the-counter payments at participating convenience stores, credit cards, and bank transfers.
For credit card or bank transfer payments, any banking or credit card details that you provide are collected directly by the Payment Channels who are the relevant banking institutions, card issuers, or card aggregators. These details are not collected, stored, or processed by Coda.
2.3.2. Purchases made using the Services will be in one of two forms, where:
(a) You purchase gift codes, in-app/game credits, and vouchers directly from third-party Publishers (“Publisher Codes”) as the merchant on record, and Coda provides facilitation services to the Publishers by processing and collecting payments for the purchased Publisher Codes for and on the Publishers’ behalf;
(b) Coda resells the Publisher Codes directly to you, as the merchant on record.
2.4. Payment facilitation and digital content reselling services
2.4.1. You initiate and make a purchase by choosing to purchase Publisher Codes via (i) the relevant Publisher’s site or mobile platform, where you will be routed to the Coda Sites to make payment; or (ii) Codashop.
2.4.2. To make payments via the Services, you must have a valid and eligible mobile phone account with one of our partner mobile network operators or a valid payment instrument issued or recognised by the Payment Channels.
2.4.3. You are fully liable for the use of your payment accounts or instruments via the Services. You acknowledge and accept that Coda has no liability for any unauthorised use or access by third persons of your accounts or your payment instruments.
2.4.4. Coda, the Publishers, and/or the Payment Channels reserve the right and discretion to reject or decline any transaction for any reason or set limits on transaction types and/or amounts.
2.5. Publisher Codes. In respect of Publisher Codes purchased through any of the Coda Sites or using any of the Services, the relevant Publishers that issued the purchased Codes, and not Coda, are solely responsible for redeeming the Codes, and for providing goods or services to you in exchange. Unless otherwise noted on the relevant product information page on the Coda Sites, Publisher Codes do not expire.
2.6. Modification of Services. Coda reserves the right to change, modify, suspend or discontinue the Services in part or whole at any time, with or without notice to you. Any changes or modifications may be reflected in these Terms according to the section on Amendments.
2.7. Taxes, charges, and fees. You are responsible for any taxes, duties, currency exchange fees, data charges, and related charges on purchases that you make as a result of or in the course of using any of the Coda Sites or Services.
2.8. Disputes handling. If you are dissatisfied with any Publisher Codes purchased using the Services, or if you believe that you have been charged in error, please directly contact the following in order to resolve the issue:
(a) Coda, for purchases made on Codashop; or
(b) the Publisher, for all other transactions.
If you are unable to resolve the issue with the Publisher directly, you may file a dispute or complaint against the Publisher with us. You must not make any false or misleading statements when filing, or during the subsequent investigation of, a dispute. Coda will investigate all disputes that are filed with it and will make reasonable efforts to resolve them. However, the ultimate resolution of such disputes shall be at Coda’s sole discretion.
2.9. Error handling. As part of or separate from the dispute handling process, Coda may determine that a mistake has been made that affects you. If Coda determines that you have been incorrectly charged or overcharged, Coda will credit your account or otherwise arrange for a refund to rectify the mistake. If Coda concludes that you were not charged when you ought to have been, or that you have been undercharged, Coda may debit or charge your account or otherwise collect a payment to rectify the mistake accordingly.
3. Consumer Protection
3.1. Product Descriptions. Coda takes every effort to ensure that the product descriptions on Codashop are as accurate as possible. However, to the extent permitted by law, we do not warrant that such product descriptions are complete and accurate.
3.2. Refunds. You acknowledge and understand that transactions successfully made using any of the Coda Sites or Services are final. No returns will be accepted, and no refunds will be issued unless expressly specified otherwise in these Terms. In the event that a refund will be made to you after dispute and/or error handling as outlined in the sections on Disputes and Error Handling, the time frame to credit the refund to your bank or payment service account shall depend on the Payment Channel used or your bank or payment service provider.
4. Codashop User Accounts
4.1. Account services. At your option, you may register for a Coda Account, which allows you to:
(a) Post comments on Codaclub;
(b) Access certain reward schemes or promotions on Codashop;
(c) Track or keep records of purchase transactions you have made on Codashop; and
(d) Use any other features of the Services or the Coda Sites that may only be available to registered users.
4.2. Account verification. If you sign up for a Coda Account, you confirm that you have provided Coda with complete and accurate information about yourself for verification purposes, and that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Coda Account, its password, and all activities that occur under your Coda Account. In the event of any unauthorised access to your Coda Account, you shall notify Coda immediately.
4.3. Transaction history. You may access a record of all your successful and failed purchases or top-ups on your Coda Account page at www.codashop.com. If there is any mistake or missing information, please contact us via the Codashop HELP widget. We will take the steps necessary to resolve the matter as soon as reasonably practicable.
4.4. Closure or suspension of Coda Account due to breach. Coda reserves the right at its sole discretion to permanently close or suspend your Coda Account or your access to it at any time if:
(a) You attempt to engage in, or indirectly or directly engage in any conduct prohibited under these Terms;
(b) You breach any clause of these Terms, and if the breach may be remedied, you fail to do so within thirty (30) days from receiving written notice from Coda specifying such breach;
(c) Coda is required to do so by any regulatory authority or law enforcement body;
(d) You become or are subject to bankruptcy proceedings;
(e) You have provided us with false or inaccurate information and have failed to provide us with the true or correct information within fifteen (15) days from receiving written notice from Coda requesting such information;
(f) Coda has determined that the security of your Coda Account has been compromised, or your account has been accessed in an unauthorised manner, and you fail to take action within five (5) days from receiving written notice from Coda specifying the required corrective actions;
(g) You fail to comply with these Terms or any additional terms that apply to the Services.
4.5. Voluntary closure of Coda Account by user. You can choose to close your Coda Account permanently, at any time and for any reason, upon giving thirty (30) days of prior written notice to Coda via www.codashop.com. All transactions that you have made prior to such closure must be paid, and Coda reserves the right to deduct from your balance any unpaid fees, surcharges, or costs that you may have incurred before closing your Coda Account.
5. Use of Codaclub and User Content
5.1. User Content. You are responsible for all content that you transmit, publish, share, send, or post, whether publicly or privately (the “User Content”), on Codaclub. Coda does not assume any responsibility or liability for the User Content, and it has no obligation to constantly monitor, moderate, or review the User Content. However, Coda may remove User Content that violates these Terms upon request by any other user or at its own discretion.
5.2. No misrepresentation. You shall not misrepresent your identity, impersonate any person or entity, or mislead other users as to the origin of the User Content that you transmit, publish, share, send, or post.
5.3. User Content restrictions. You shall not transmit, publish, share, send, or post User Content that:
(a) Harasses, bullies, or threatens other users, persons, or groups;
(b) Discriminates or promotes hate and/or violence against other users, persons, or groups, including on the basis of ethnicity, race, gender, sex, religion, disability, or any other identity trait or vulnerability;
(c) Is defamatory or libellous;
(d) Is offensive, obscene, graphic, or sexually explicit;
(e) Violates the prohibitions on user conduct as set out in the section on User Obligations;
(f) Infringes upon intellectual property rights in any way or violates the section on Use and Ownership of Intellectual Property;
(g) Invades the privacy of other users or persons in any way or violates the section on Personal Data and Confidential Information;
(h) Violates any other provision of these Terms or is in any way illegal or unlawful.
5.4. Rights over User Content. You represent and warrant that (i) you own or have the rights to transmit, publish, share, send, or post the User Content; and (ii) the User Content does not violate these Terms and any relevant laws or regulations applicable in your jurisdiction.
5.5. Removal of User Content. You accept and agree that Coda may remove your User Content if it violates this section on Codaclub or any part of these Terms, without prejudice to Coda’s discretion to suspend or close your Coda Account.
6. User Obligations
6.1. In respect of your purchases, you confirm that: (i) you are purchasing the Publisher Codes via the Services for your own exclusive and personal consumption; (ii) you shall have no right to reproduce, replicate, distribute or otherwise exploit any content, goods or services provided to you; and (iii) you at all times comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in your purchase and use of the Publisher Codes.
6.2. In using any of the Services, you shall not carry out any of the following acts, nor use the Services to engage in the following acts:
6.2.1. Fraud and unlawful conduct
(a) Use the Services in any way that violates any applicable law, ordinance, or regulation, or for any unlawful purpose;
(b) Use the Services to violate, intentionally or unintentionally, any applicable local, state, national or international law, rule, code, directive, guideline, policy or regulation including without limitation laws and requirements (whether or not having the force of law) relating to anti-money laundering or counterterrorism;
(c) Use the Services to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(d) Disguise your origin, place of residence or any identifiers, intentionally or otherwise, to get around any geographical restrictions or avoid terms that apply to a specific country, to purchase products and/or services not available or applicable in your country of residence, or for any other unlawful purpose;
(e) Remove any proprietary notices from the Services;
(f) Charge others to use the Services;
(g) Use the Services for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third-party or any manner not permitted by the licenses granted herein; or
(h) Use the Services for any fraudulent purposes.
6.2.2. Abuse, harassment, and interference with user experience
(a) Interfere with any other users’ use of the Services;
(b) Interfere with, manipulate, or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services or any other users’ use and enjoyment of the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services;
(c) Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
(d) Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available to any other user or person any material that contains software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other computer code, routines, files, or programs designed to directly or indirectly interfere with, manipulate, interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or integrity of any computer software or hardware or data or telecommunications equipment;
(e) Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other unauthorised form of solicitation; or
(f) Upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content through the Services that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, alarming, distressing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
6.2.3. Damage to Coda’s business, platforms, or Services
(a) Attempt to harm, disrupt, or otherwise engage in activity that diminishes the business and reputation of Coda and the capacity of the Coda Sites to serve other users, or hamper or interrupt the provision by Coda of the Services in any way;
(b) Attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or hack the Services (or any portion thereof), or to defeat or overcome any encryption technology or security measures established by or for the benefit of Coda with respect to the Services and/or any data transmitted, processed or stored by Coda;
(c) Attempt to gain access to any account, computers, or networks related to the Coda Sites and Services without proper authorisation; or
(d) Take any action or engage in any conduct that could directly or indirectly damage, disable, overburden, interfere with, or impair the Services or the servers or networks connected to the Services.
6.2.4. You understand that the enumeration of acts above is not exhaustive, and that acts analogous to those enumerated above, or those that are unlawful, fraudulent, abusive, or damaging in a similar manner, shall also be prohibited.
7. Use and Ownership of Intellectual Property
7.1. Coda owns or holds all necessary licenses to all intellectual property rights (including all existing and future copyright, trademarks and patent rights) in all information, text, material, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings, software and source code on the Coda Sites, including the platforms through which Coda provides you the Services (“Subject Matters”).
7.2. Unless provided otherwise in these Terms, all third-party content on the Coda Sites is owned by or licensed to Coda in accordance with the relevant laws.
7.3. Except as expressly authorised by these Terms, you have no right, title, or interest in or to the Subject Matters. You may not, without our express written permission (or that of our suppliers or licensors, where applicable), in any form or by any means:
(a) Adapt, reproduce, modify, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, circulate, or create derivative works from any of the Subject Matters (including, without limitation, the display and distribution of any of the Subject Matters via third-party websites or other networked computer environment); or
(b) Commercialise any information, goods or services from or in connection with any of the Subject Matters.
8. Personal Data and Confidential Information
8.2. User obligations relating to personal data. In using the Services, you agree not to in any way:
(a) Harvest or collect any information about or regarding other users or persons, including without limitation any personal data or information;
(b) Use the Services to collect or store personal data about other users or persons in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in the section on User Obligations; and
(c) Transmit, publish, share, disclose, or post another individual’s confidential or personal information.
8.3. Confidential information. You shall not upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available through the Services any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
9. Indemnification and Liability
9.1. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Coda, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, representatives, and third-party providers, from and against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, expenses, damages, and costs, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Services and/or any violation by you of these Terms.
9.2. Limitation of liability
9.2.1. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Coda and its respective employees, directors, agents, and representatives will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with your use of the Coda Sites and/or the Services (including the inability to use the Services), or any Publisher Codes purchased or transactions entered into via the Services.
9.2.2. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event will the aggregate liability of Coda and its respective employees, directors, agents, and representatives arising out of or in connection with these Terms or the transactions contemplated herein, whether in contract, tort (including negligence, product liability, or other theory), warranty, or otherwise, exceed the amount of payment that you have made via the Services, in respect of the transaction giving rise to the claim for liability.
9.2.3. Coda shall in no event be liable to you for any failure or delay by Coda or its employees, agents, or representatives to perform its obligations under these Terms, regardless of whether the failure or delay is caused by an event or condition beyond its control. The laws of some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you may have rights in addition to those contained in these Terms. Coda’s liability is limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
9.2.4. Notwithstanding any law, rule or regulation to the contrary, you agree that any claim you may have arising out of these Terms must be brought or filed before the relevant tribunal in the jurisdiction where you are located within one (1) year after such claim could be first filed. Any claims brought after such period shall be forever barred.
10. No Warranty and Disclaimer
10.1. The Services are provided on an “as is” basis. We do not guarantee that the Services will be uninterrupted, error-free, secure, or free from viruses or other harmful computer software.
10.2. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Coda makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the Coda Site or the Services, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of third-party rights.
10.3. Coda has no control over the quality, fitness for purpose, safety, reliability, legality, or any other aspect of any good or service provided by a Publisher that you purchase using the Services. Except as otherwise indicated in these Terms, Coda shall not be obliged to issue refunds if a purchase does not meet your expectations, or if the relevant Publisher does not fulfil its commitments, although Coda will make reasonable efforts to assist you in these matters as described under the sections on Disputes and Error Handling. Coda has no obligation, and cannot guarantee, that it will resolve any disputes related to your transaction to your satisfaction.
10.4. Coda may, at its sole discretion and at any time, suspend or terminate your access to or disable your use of the Services and/or the Coda Sites for any reason without prior notice to you, including if Coda suspects fraud, illegal, unauthorised or improper conduct on your part, or if you have breached any part of these Terms. Coda may also impose limits on the type and/or amount of transactions you are allowed to make using the Services at any time in our sole discretion without prior notice.
10.5. You agree and understand that the availability of the Services is dependent on the network and systems availability of our service providers, the Payment Channels, the Publishers, and/or our affiliates and subsidiaries.
10.6. The Services and/or any of the Coda Sites may from time to time be delayed, interrupted or disrupted for an indeterminate period of time. In the event of any of the abovementioned circumstances, Coda shall not be liable for any claims arising from or in connection with any such delays, interruptions, disruptions, limitations, suspensions, termination or the like to the Services and/or the Coda Sites.
11. General Provisions
11.2. Notices. We may make any notices that we may be required by law to make in electronic format (such as but not limited to when you visit the Coda Sites or platforms, via forms or emails, when Coda posts notices or updates to these Terms, or when Coda communicates with you via your email or mobile phone number). You consent to receive communications from us in electronic form and agree that all terms and conditions, notices, rules, disclosures, policies, and other communications from Coda provided electronically to you shall be deemed to satisfy any legal requirement relating to communications in writing and shall be deemed to be given on the date of the electronic communication.
11.3. No waiver. Coda’s failure or delay in enforcing any right or provision under these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of its right to subsequently enforce these Terms and compel strict compliance therewith.
11.4. No endorsement. References to goods, services, and/or businesses on any of the Coda Sites do not constitute or imply an endorsement, approval or recommendation by Coda of those goods, services and/or businesses.
11.5. Termination. Coda may, at its sole discretion, terminate your access to any of the Coda Sites, the Services, and/or your Coda Account if you breach any of the Terms. In the event of termination, the provisions of the section on Indemnification and Liability shall survive.
11.6. Security. Coda takes all reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information that you provide to it. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst Coda strives to protect all data transmissions over the Internet (including your information) and has adopted substantial measures to mitigate security risks, Coda does not warrant and cannot ensure the absolute security of any information which you transmit to Coda. As such, any information which you transmit to Coda is transmitted at your own risk.
11.7. Relationship. Nothing in these Terms is intended to or creates any type of joint venture, employee-employer, creditor-debtor, escrow, partnership, or any fiduciary relationship between you and Coda.
11.8. Assignment. You may not assign any of your rights or obligations under these Terms, or any part of it, to any other party without our prior written approval. Any attempt by you to do so without our prior written approval shall be deemed null and void. We are, however, entitled to assign these Terms and/or any of our obligations, in whole or in part, at any time, to any Coda affiliate or subsidiary or any third party, with or without notice to you.
11.10. Entire agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and Coda, and supersede and cancel all prior and contemporaneous agreements, claims, representations, and understandings relating to the subject matter of these Terms. No modification or amendment of these Terms will be binding on Coda unless agreed to by Coda, set forth in writing, and published in the same manner as previously binding versions.
11.11. Separability. If any of the provisions of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
11.12.1. These Terms shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of Singapore without regard to its conflicts-of-law provisions.
11.12.2. We (or the relevant Coda entity) shall endeavour to amicably resolve any disputes that arise out of or in connection with these Terms (including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination), but in the event that such efforts shall fail, such dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the SIAC (“SIAC Rules”) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this section on Governing Law. The seat of arbitration shall be Singapore, and the Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator. All arbitration proceedings shall be in the English language. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding.
12. User Declarations
12.1. Age. The Services are not directed to persons under the age of majority in your country (a “minor”). Subject to specific age restrictions imposed in your country, and unless otherwise set forth in these Terms, permission and consent from a parent or legal guardian to use the Services is required for minors. By proceeding with the use of the Services, such parent or legal guardian will be deemed to have agreed to these Terms on the minor's behalf and will be responsible for the use of the Services, including the creation and use of the minor's Coda Account, purchases or transactions made by the minor, and whether or not the minor was under supervision during such purchase. As such, purchases cannot be cancelled on the ground that they were made without the permission, consent, and/or supervision of the parent or guardian.
12.2. Use for lawful purposes. You will use the Services for lawful purposes only and in accordance with these Terms and all applicable laws, rules, codes, directives, guidelines, policies and regulations.
12.3. Use of device. You warrant that you are using the Services or the Coda Sites on a machine or device over which you have ownership, or whose use by you has been authorised by the owner of such machine or device.
12.4. Use of payment instruments. You are solely liable for the use of your selected payment instruments in connection with our Services, and Coda shall have no liability to you or to any third party for any unauthorized use of your payment instruments in connection with the Services.
13. Contact Us
For any requests or questions in connection with these Terms, you may visit our Help Center.
2. Availability. Codacash is a closed loop e-wallet system only available to residents of the following countries (the “Codacash Territories”) and offered therein by the Coda subsidiaries enumerated below (the “Codacash Issuer”). Where required by local laws or regulations, the Codacash Issuers below have the authority and license to offer Codacash, Codashop, and related functionalities in the Codacash Territories.
3. Codacash services
3.1. We offer Codacash as a payment method that you can use to purchase select products and/or services on Codashop. You must be logged in to your Coda Account and have sufficient balance (including to cover for any applicable taxes) to make a purchase using Codacash. The transaction will not be successful if you have insufficient balance in your Coda Account.
3.2. Your Account is specific to the Codacash Territory where you reside and is denominated in and equivalent to the local currency in that territory. You may use Codacash to buy only the products and/or services offered on Codashop in the Codacash Territory where you reside. You cannot use your Coda Account to purchase products and/or services from Codashop offered in another country.
3.3. Unless otherwise stated in these Terms, Codacash is not legal tender. Codacash shall be exclusive to you for your personal use and may not be resold, transferred for value, exchanged for cash, applied to any external account, or offered for sale, lease, gifting or trading. You may not withdraw your Codacash balance or transfer the balance between Coda Accounts. You may only consume your balance by purchasing products and/or services on Codashop.
4. Codacash requirements
4.1. To top-up or make a purchase using Codacash, you must (i) sign-up for a Coda Account with your email address or mobile phone number or by linking a supported social media platform account, and (ii) verify your identity using your email address or mobile phone number.
4.2. The Codacash Issuer reserves the right to check your identity and request for proof of identification, or refuse your registration at its sole discretion, when (i) it is required by relevant government authorities to do so as part of anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist funding rules and regulations, (ii) necessary when unauthorised usage of your Coda Account is detected, or (iii) there is a dispute relating to the ownership of your Coda Account.
4.3. In order to use Codacash, you represent that you are:
(a) of majority age in your country, or if you are under such majority age, that you have obtained the consent of your parent or legal guardian and their acceptance of the Codacash Terms, particularly their agreement to take responsibility for your use of Codacash, your acceptance and compliance to the Codacash Terms, and any charges or fees associated with your use of Codacash;
(b) not prohibited by any law, condition, ordinance, or other requirements from creating a Coda Account and/or to use Codacash; and
(c) capable of legally accepting, entering into, and being bound by the Terms.
4.4. We may require you to set-up a static PIN during the Coda Account registration, which you will use and enter before each purchase transaction or top-up. We may also need you to authenticate your transaction via a one-time password (“OTP”) that will be sent to your registered email address or mobile phone number. The Codacash Issuer reserves the right to impose other authentication requirements.
5.1. You may top up your Codacash wallet using the Payment Channels that are available for Codacash top-ups on Codashop. The relevant Codacash Issuer may decline your top-up request for any reason and at its sole discretion. The Codacash Issuer is not liable or responsible for a top-up that is not successfully processed by the Payment Channel you select. The top-up amount will be added to your Coda Account balance once the Codacash Issuer has confirmed that your payment is successful via a success message to your registered mobile number or email address.
5.2. The Codacash Issuer reserves the right to impose a limit on the value stored in your Coda Account or specify transaction limits on individual top-ups. This could be due to limitations imposed by the Payment Channels or by the relevant monetary authorities or central bank in your jurisdiction.
5.3. All Codacash wallet top-ups are final and non-refundable.
6. Completion of transaction. The purchase transaction amount will not be deducted against your Codacash balance in your Coda Account until the transaction on Codashop is confirmed successful. Thereafter, the purchased products and/or services will be delivered to you.
7. Refunds. We will not process any refunds for successful purchases made using Codacash. All transactions using Codacash are non-refundable unless required otherwise by law. If a refund is required by law in your jurisdiction, the Codacash Issuer shall at its sole discretion determine a transaction is refundable, but only if your purchase has not been consumed or redeemed. All refunds will be credited back into your Coda Account.
8. Rewards and benefits
8.1. We have the sole discretion to determine any rewards or benefits that you may be eligible to receive if you use Codacash to make payment for a purchase on Codashop. Rewards or benefits may include cashbacks (where a portion of your purchase value is credited to your Coda Account), bonuses to your purchase (such as grant of additional in-game credits or in-game items at no cost to you) or other ad hoc rewards through events or promotions.
9. Account security.
9.1. You are responsible for your Coda Account’s security and all consequences resulting from the use or misuse of your Coda Account, PIN, OTP, or other related security credentials for Codacash. This security obligation includes safe-keeping your sign-in details and keeping your account information private from others. Lost or stolen accounts are your sole responsibility.
9.2. You agree that the use or purported use of Codacash using your Coda Account shall be deemed an authorised use of Codacash via your Coda Account. You agree to be bound by these Codacash Terms whether such use is authorised by you or not.
9.3. If there is or has been any fraudulent or unauthorised use of your sign-in details or account, loss of account access, or any other breach of security, you agree to immediately notify Coda by sending an e-mail to Codashop Customer Support. As soon as reasonably practicable, Coda will suspend your Coda Account, investigate your complaint or request, and respond to you. However, Coda disclaims responsibility for lost or stolen accounts and will not compensate you for any damages monetary or otherwise relating to the unauthorised use or access to your Coda Account.
10. Restricted activities. By using Codacash, you agree that you will not, directly or indirectly, engage in any conduct that breaches the User Obligations described in the section on Completion of Transaction, any other provision of these Terms, or any of the following restricted activities:
(a) Use Codacash or any of its features in any way not expressly permitted by Coda;
(b) Share your Coda Account details, PIN, or OTP with other persons;
(c) Reproduce, attempt to reproduce, or counterfeit Codacash or the Codacash balance;
(d) Interfere with Codacash in any way;
(e) Use Codacash in any activity involving sanctioned individuals, entities, or countries;
(f) Violate any applicable law, ordinance, or regulation through your use of Codacash; or
(g) Use your Coda Account or control a Coda Account that is engaging in any of the foregoing restricted activities.
The Codacash Issuer reserves the right to take legal action or claim against you concerning any breach of these Codacash Terms.
(i) It is necessary to repair, maintain, or improve the Codacash function; or
(ii) The Codacash Issuer decides to cease offering Codacash.
12. Balance after freezing. If you temporarily freeze your Coda Account, your remaining unused Codacash balance will be maintained until you reactivate your account.
13. Balance after closure. Unless otherwise provided in these Terms, if your Coda Account is permanently closed, whether by Coda or by you voluntarily, all unused Codacash balance will immediately expire and be removed. You will not be entitled to any compensation, and the Codacash Issuer will not be liable to you for any loss of your Codacash balance.
European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom (UK)
Read the Terms and Conditions for the EU/EEA and UK here.
Deutschland: Hier können Sie die Nutzungsbedingungen auf Deutsch lesen.
España: Lea los Términos y condiciones en español aquí.
France: Lisez les Conditions générales en français ici.
Italia: Leggere i Termini e condizioni in italiano qui.
Nederland: Lees hier de algemene voorwaarden in het Nederlands.
Polska: Warunki w języku polskim są dostępne tutaj.
1. Scope of application
1.2. You further accept and understand that your agreement with respect to Codacash, the Codacash Terms, and the additional provisions concerning Codacash below is with Coda Malaysia, and that Coda Singapore is not a party to such agreement.
2. Provider of services. You understand and accept that the Services as defined are provided to you by Coda Singapore and, with respect to Codacash, Coda Malaysia. Coda Malaysia has its registered address at 36B 2nd Floor Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 2, Taman Tun Dr Ismail, 60000, Kuala Lumpur, W.P. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, with Business Registration No. 201301038575. It may be reached through email at email@example.com.
3. Payment facilitation and content distribution services. Either Coda Singapore or Coda Malaysia may provide (a) payment facilitation services for purchases of digital content, or (b) content distribution services and sell the relevant Codes to you via Coda platforms.
4. Intermediary services for specific products. Specific to Google Play Gift Card and Roblox vouchers, Coda Malaysia provides intermediary services to you, as a sub-agent of Google Payment Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. (“Google”) and Roblox Corporation (“Roblox”), respectively. You acknowledge that: (a) each of Google and Roblox is responsible for the sale and distribution of their relevant vouchers purchased by you via Coda platforms; and (b) the terms of services issued by Google or Roblox, as applicable, shall govern your purchase and use of the vouchers. You further acknowledge that Coda Malaysia is not a party to the sales contract between you and Google or Roblox, as applicable.
6. Additional provisions concerning Codacash
6.1. Codacash is offered locally by Coda Malaysia. Coda Singapore does not offer and is not involved in the offer of Codacash in Malaysia.
6.2. Your Codacash balance shall be denominated in and equivalent to Malaysia ringgit (MYR).
7. Governing law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of Malaysia, without regard to its conflicts-of-law provisions. We shall endeavour to amicably resolve any disputes that arise out of or in connection with these Terms (including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination), but in the event that such efforts shall fail, such dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Asian International Arbitration Centre (“AIAC”) under the Arbitration Rules of the AIAC for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this section. The seat of arbitration shall be Kuala Lumpur, and the Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator. All arbitration proceedings shall be in the English language. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding.
1. Scope of application
1.2. You further accept and understand that your agreement with respect to Codacash, the Codacash Terms, and the additional provisions concerning Codacash below is with Coda Philippines, and that Coda Singapore is not a party to such agreement.
2. Provider of services. You understand and accept that the Services as defined are provided to you by Coda Philippines, with its registered address at Unit A, 29th Floor, Rufino Pacific Tower, 6784 Ayala Avenue Corner V.A. Rufino Street, Makati City, Philippines, and Business Registration No. 202008000125908. It may be reached through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Payments facilitation and content distribution. Coda Philippines (a) facilitates payments for purchases of digital content, and (b) provides content distribution services and sells the relevant Codes to you via Coda platforms.
5. Additional provisions concerning Codacash
5.1. Codacash is offered locally by Coda Philippines. Coda Singapore does not offer and is not involved in the offer of Codacash in the Philippines.
5.2. Coda Philippines is an Operator of a Payment System licensed by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. It is not a bank, e-money issuer, or money transferor, and it does not require a license to operate Codacash in the Philippines.
5.3. Your Codacash balance shall be denominated in and equivalent to Philippine peso (PHP).
5.4. Where Coda has terminated your Coda Account for any reason, or if you voluntarily terminate your Coda Account for any reason, Coda shall, as soon as reasonably practicable, grant you the right to consume a product and/or service of your choice that is equivalent in value to your unused balance. You shall not be entitled to any other compensation from Coda. For avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall apply in lieu of the section of the Codacash Terms on Balance After Closure.
6. Governing law. These Terms shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Republic of the Philippines, without regard to its conflicts-of-law provisions. We shall endeavour to amicably resolve any disputes that arise out of or in connection with these Terms (including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination), but in the event that such efforts shall fail, such dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration administered by the Philippines Dispute Resolution Center Inc. (“PDRCI”) under the Arbitration Rules of the PDRCI for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this section. The seat of arbitration shall be Makati City, the Philippines, and the Tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator. All arbitration proceedings shall be in the English language. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding.
2. Company information. Coda Payments Pte. Ltd. is a company registered under the laws of Singapore (Company Registration No. 201136158E) with registered address at 22 Cross Street #02-01 Singapore 048421. It is currently under application as a Major Payment Institution regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
2. Provider of services. You understand and accept that the Services as defined are provided to you by Coda Singapore, having its registered address at 22 Cross Street #02-01 Singapore 048421, and that the Terms are hereby entered into and agreed upon between you and Coda Singapore. Coda Singapore may be reached by users in South Africa through email at email@example.com.
3. Payments facilitation and content distribution services. Coda Singapore provides payments facilitation and content distribution services in South Africa via the Coda platform.
4. No returns; limitation on refunds. When we provide you with digital content, the transaction is instantaneous, such that a deduction is immediately made through your chosen Payment Channel, and the content or Merchant Code is instantly credited to you through the Merchants’ respective platforms or delivered to you within a short period of time after the successful completion of your purchase. Hence, once you have made your purchase, no return is possible. No refunds may be made unless they have been determined to be valid according to the dispute and error handling procedures outlined in Sections 2.8 and 2.9 of the Terms.
5. Specific Consumer Rights Obligations. To the extent that the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) does not conflict with these Terms, Coda acknowledges and adheres to the consumer rights recognized and set out under the CPA, including but not limited to the right of privacy where you can refuse to accept unwanted direct marketing, general right to equality, right to choose, right to disclosure and honest dealing, right to fair and reasonable terms and conditions and right to quality Service, which are, whether expressly or implicitly to reflect its intention, embodied in the General Terms and Conditions.
이곳에서 한국어 이용약관을 확인하실 수 있습니다.
2. Provider of services. You understand and accept that the Services as defined are provided to you by Coda Payments Korea Ltd., having its registered address at PO811, 8th floor, Teheran-ro 2gil 27 (Yeoksam-dong, Vision tower), Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea with Business Registration No. 496-81-02019 (“Coda Korea”), and that the Terms are hereby entered into and agreed upon between you and Coda Korea. Coda Korea may be reached through telephone at +82 70 8835 0128 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Content Distribution. Coda Korea provides content distribution services in South Korea via Codashop, and sells the relevant Codes to you.
5. Governing law and dispute resolution. These Terms shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of South Korea without regard to its conflicts-of-law provisions. We shall endeavour to amicably resolve any disputes that arise out of or in connection with these Terms (including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination), but in the event that such efforts shall fail, such disputes shall be referred to the court with competent jurisdiction over Coda Korea’s registered address, to the exclusion of all courts in any other venue.
United States (US)
Read the Terms and Conditions for the US here.
Đọc Điều khoản và Điều kiện bằng tiếng Việt tại đây.
2. Provider of services. You understand and accept that the Services as defined are provided to you by Coda Singapore, having its registered address at 53 Craig Rd #02-01 Singapore 089691, and that the Terms are hereby entered into and agreed upon between you and Coda Singapore. Coda Singapore may be reached by users in Vietnam through email at email@example.com.
3. Binding and enforceable. You understand and accept that these Terms constitute a binding and enforceable contract between you and Coda Singapore, and that the rights and obligations set out in these Terms shall be effective between you and Coda Singapore when you signify your acceptance.
4. Content distribution. Coda Singapore (a) facilitates payments for purchases of digital content via Codapay, and (b) provides content distribution services in Vietnam via Codashop by selling the relevant Codes to you.
5. Mutual obligations between you and Coda. Coda is obligated to provide the Services to you when you make a purchase. In turn, you are obligated to ensure that your purchase is paid to Coda through your selected Payment Channel.
6. Product information. Complete information on each Publisher Code offered on Codashop, including the price, available modes of payment, mode of delivery, and instructions for use, is stated on the individual product pages of each Publisher Code. Please read the product page carefully before making any purchase.
8. Use of Services by children under 18. The Services are not directed to persons under the age of eighteen (18) in Vietnam (“minors”) and may not be used by such minors without the permission and consent of their parent or guardian.