Prohibited Content Policy
Codapay may not be used to collect payments for:
- physical goods
- subscription services that are provided through HTML5 (i.e. not through an app that the customer has downloaded) and/or for which the content is delivered by SMS
- digital or physical gift or voucher codes (i.e. Google Play Gift Cards or Codes, Steam Wallet Codes, etc.)
- content that may be considered pornographic or sexually explicit in nature, or otherwise is intended for adults only
Some payment channel operators impose further restrictions on the goods and services for which payments may be collected:
Go-Pay (prohibited content: livestreaming services)
DTAC (prohibited content: digital content that may be consumed on a device without a SIM card).
bKash (prohibited content: livestreaming services)
Metfone (prohibited content: card games)
Codapay may not be used to collect payments for apps or sites that:
- are built using HTML5 and do not require the user to register and log-in before making payment.
Providers of HTML5 games and content are further required to use Coda’s hosted payment pages and are not permitted to use Coda’s back-end integration API.
- facilitate or allow any withdrawal of value that is earned through gameplay using any mechanism (i.e. through an in-game feature or through private channels) and using any unit of value (i.e. money, prepaid mobile credits, gift cards, etc.)
- allow players to purchase or accrue points that can be used to bid on items or prizes (i.e. raffle games)
Codapay may not be used by:
- Payment gateways, digital agencies, or other aggregators that are not themselves responsible for providing the content for which payment is being collected.